[rotation] IWGoRS Newsletter

Heiner Igel igel at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Aug 1 02:39:14 CEST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below information on
1 – the BSSA special issue
2 – a special session on rotations at the AGU Fall Meeting 2008
3 – Other issues
As of today 48 papers have been submitted to the BSSA special issue to
appear in 2009. A list with titles of the submitted papers is attached
to this email. Thanks to Willie Lee for all his work so far!

2- AGU Fall Meeting 2008
Our proposed 2nd special session on rotational seismology was accepted.
The scope of the session is accessible here:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=227
<http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=227>
As much of the work to be published in the BSSA special issue is still
under review and there has been tremendous progress in many areas this
is an excellent occasion to present your results to a wider audience. So
I encourage you all to submit your latest results to this session!
Please also forward this information to anyone who might be interested.
We will also use the session to discuss issues related to the
International Working Group (e.g., organization of 2^nd workshop).

3- Other issues
An article for SRL on the upcoming BSSA special issue and the new field
of rotational seismology is planned for April/May issue (to be submitted).
Kind Regards
Heiner

--
Prof. Heiner Igel
Department of Earth Sciences - Geophysics