[rotation] maintenance: all mailing lists

Jens Oeser oeser at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Jan 14 14:28:49 CET 2011

Dear mailing list user,

after several years of (nearly) continuous operation the time has come to
exchange the hardware of the Geophysics' email server. We use this as an
opportunity to also improve the software side and introduce new features.

This maintenance will be split into three phases. The first of these affects
the usage of our mailing lists:

In the first phase all mailing lists will be moved to a separate system.

- Your subscription to a mailing list, your configuration settings and the list
  archive is preserved in this step.

- This will take place on Tuesday, 18th of January. On this day _all_
  mailing list and associated services (subscription, archive,...) will
  be _unavailable_.

- The step includes a new _naming scheme_ for our mailing lists as in the
  following example
  old name: FOOBAR at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
  new name: FOOBAR at lists.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
                   ^^^^^
  Please update your addressbook accordingly.

We hope to complete this step on Tuesday, 18th of January and will inform you
by email once the move have finished.

Yours sincerely
Dr. Marcus Mohr
Dr. Jens Oeser