[rotation] "Seismology with new observables" - EGU 2012 session

Celine Hadziioannou hadzii at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Nov 21 17:04:08 CET 2011

Dear all,

We would like to draw your attention to the session entitled "Seismology
without seismometers: what can we learn from new observables?" that will
be organized during the next EGU meeting (22 - 27 April 2012, Vienna,
Austria).

As mentioned in the description, we welcome contributions including
rotational seismology.

measurements of translational motion. This session aims at sharing
recent developments in seismology using observables other than these
classic seismometer measurements, such as infrasound, gravimeter data,
strain, tilt or rotational motion.
Accurate measurements of these additional components are relevant in
many fields of Earth and related sciences: seismic instrumentation,
earthquake physics, rock mechanics, seismic tomography, earthquake
engineering, detection of gravitational waves, observing and analysing
Earth’s free oscillations, geophysical exploration and others.
We invite contributions using these new observables, either
independently or combined with seismometer data as well as on the new
instrumental developments. "

The description of this session can also be found here:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/session/10089

The deadline for abstract submission is January 17, 2012.

Please forward this information to anyone who might be interested.

With best regards,

Ana Ferreira, Christoph Sens-Schönfelder, Heiner Igel & Celine Hadziioannou