[rotation] Modernized IWGoRS website needs input

andreas.brotzer brotzer at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Mar 3 16:28:14 CET 2021

Dear Colleagues from IWGoRS,

we hope this letter finds you in best health.

As you might have already noticed the appearance of the IWGoRS website
<https://www.rotational-seismology.org/> has changed. If not, check it
out now. Recently, we put some effort into updating the IWGoRS structure
and layout, as well as transferring and updating its content.

Being a PhD student of Heiner Igel working on the ROMY ring laser, I am
also going to maintain the website. In order to keep the website
up-to-date and to provide informative and comprehensive information for
and about our international rotational seismology community, we rely on
*your support*. We simple cannot track all developments in such a fast
evolving field.

Therefore, please do not hesitate to provide us with all sorts of
relevant information that we could place on the website, such as:

  * upcoming event and news,

  * related past, ongoing or future projects, workshops and experiments,

  * supplemental archive information on past conferences or events,

  * publications (in particular review papers),

  * owned and publishable pictures of events, workshops and conferences,

  * open field data or live data streams,

  * information on open-source codes, novel instrumentation,

  * ...

In our understanding, an updated website helps to attract external
attention for our international rotational seismology community and
helps to stay updated internally. And above that, also serve as an
archive of the evolution of this emerging field of research.

Generally, feedback and new ideas are always welcome!

Kindest regards and stay safe,

/Andreas Brotzer/ (brotzer at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de)

& /Heiner Igel / (igel at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de)